Friday, July 30, 2010

TriZathlon

The TriZathlon increased from 7 participants to 18 this year! We do a sprint triathlon, so it is about half the distance of a normal tri. Run 3 miles, Bike 14 miles, and Swim 500 yds. Being pregnant made my scores fall short this year. Surprisingly, on the swim, I improved. My cousin, Levi, kneeling on the bottom far right, won this year...but he'll be leaving on a mission soon, so he won't be able to hold his victory seat for long!

I don't really enjoy every event, but I love having something to train for all year. I love doing something challenging and working on it with those I am close to. David ran with me this year, so that made it even better! Rachel, Katie, Sarah, and Nathan are there to cheer us on, see us try our best, and finish difficult events. Its been great for our whole family, and next year Rachel and Katie want to participate. I'm hoping it will be something we can work on together each year, and that is more motivating than anything.

No comments: