Sunday, June 26, 2011

Alphabet Party

So, my children came up from playing one day this week, and said that they wanted to have an alphabet party. Sure, I said. It turned out to be a real party. Before I knew it, Rachel and Katie were making alphabet signs, asking me to help with balloons and streamers. Rachel's art camp had given her some construction paper, with pastel crayons, and some fun artsy things. She used most of it on the party, but we had a good time. After the house was all decorated, Rachel, Katie, and Sarah brought us all down to the living room and had a formal party. Rachel was the conductor, so she welcomed us and informed us of the agenda they had planned. Katie was the activity conductor, and she had several games for us to play (Red rover, Duck duck goose, freeze tag, and dancing). Then Sarah was the treat conductor, and she led us upstairs for orange julius and cake.

Rachel had drawn out what the cake should look like, and I did my best. They were all very happy and told me I was a "fantastic mom". I am not a perfect mom, or perfect person. I know my weaknesses and imperfections better than anybody, but after we had the day's activities, and I was exhausted, David and I looked at our happy, creative, and fun children, and thought, maybe that day, we had done something right.

1 comment:

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

That is so awesome, I absolutely love it! Yes, you and David are doing things right!