Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tinkerbell Party

This summer has been fun in a lot of ways. One, is that the kids get pretty creative on what they want to do. I read a long time ago something Sister Hinckley said, "I say yes to as much as I can, so that when I say no, they know I mean it." So, here are a couple things we said yes to.The kids wanted to sleep in the tent, and we were going to set it up outside, but it rained all last week, and so we set it up in the basement, and had a party for two days with the tent.

Rebekah is so darn cute, and David is so darn handsome, I thought they deserved a picture.



We got Tinkerbell from Netflix, and the girls thought it would be fun to have a party all about her. Rachel and Katie put up streamers and balloons everywhere downstairs, and I was in charge of the cake. I am not professional, but I love decorating cakes, and the girls were so excited how it turned out. They drew Tinkerbell and friend pictures. We had an agenda that took up a couple of days. David was the man, participating in all the activities. Anyway, I love our girls, they get so creative, and it was a fun week of creativity.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

You are the coolest mom ever! I REALLY need to start saying "yes" a little more often (or, a LOT more often). Your kids always look so happy and beautiful and loved. Way to be awesome.

Oh, and the girls in our house LOVE Tinkerbell, too. :)

Michael and Bonnie said...

I want you to make me a cake. I know it's not my birthday, but I just want a cake for no reason :) Actually, I just want your fruit pizza.....because it is delicious!!

I bet there are hundreds of kids in heaven who are begging to be sent to your house cause it is so awesome!