Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Yep, I made those.

In March, I let my three girls go to JoAnns and pick a dress pattern and a piece of fabric they liked.  My goal was to just have more practice sewing and to get better, and it was better if I made something they liked.  Sarah picked a skirt, and it didn't turn out exactly right, but I really learned a lot.  Well, the last two months, things got a bit crazy and I didn't get to Rachel and Katie's. 

Then I realized school was almost over and the reason they had picked these dresses were for their dress up days.  So, on Monday, I got started on Katie's jacket.  It took me until Tuesday afternoon to get hers all done.  I told Rachel I didn't know if I could get hers done in time for dress up day, which is on Wednesdays.  So, that night, Rachel prayed I'd be able to get the dress done.  It inspired me to at least try. 

I had to wake her up that night, so she could try it on and I could get the length right.  Hers also has a zipper, which I put in myself.  And if the fact that I put in a zipper doesn't impress you, then you try putting in one.  I finished it at 10:30 pm Tuesday night.  They were both so excited the next morning, and they looked and FELT pretty.  I felt very satisfied myself.

2 comments:

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

Wow! You go girl! Those are awesome and what a sweet mom to stay up getting them finished!

Dana said...

All-star mom! I am so thoroughly impressed by every bit of it, especially the zipper. I hope I have a desire to sew in another life :). Adorable outfits and girls!