Wednesday, December 3, 2008

David's First Drink of Alcohol

David came home from work today and told me had his first drink of alcohol today.

He has an infection on his face that he has been putting rubbing alcohol on a few times a day to keep it clean. Well, he works on the computer a lot and has his water bottle there with it. So, after he had dabbed some alcohol on his face, he set the bottle down right by the water bottle. He got thirsty and unscrewed a lid, without looking, and got a mouthful of alcohol. You can imagine David flailing his arms trying to find somewhere to spit it out, finding the garbage and spitting, then walking around his office singing "ahhhhhhh" because its burning him. He runs to the bathroom, and washes his mouth out good...but its still burning...so each class period that day, he has to explain why he has to be up there with his mouth wide open.

Well, I was laughing pretty hard when he told me.

5 comments:

Joe said...

I was siphoning my gas tank this week to replace my fuel pump and got a mouth full of gasoline... tell David I'll trade him! I had fuel burps all day long!

The Holmgrens said...

No Way! That is way funny, but I'm sorry his mouth burned all day! I'd hate that

Michael and Bonnie said...

Wow, that is really funny. I thought stuff like that only happens in the movies. We miss you guys!

Dave and Mel said...

I am glad my husband isn't an alcoholic. That is a pretty funny story.

Cynthia said...

That was very funny - and I loved Joseph's comment - He sounds like someone who would lick a cat if it'd let him...