Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love Sack and Chicken Hips

We have had our love sack for about three years, and have never gotten it stuffed. Well, for our Valentine's Day, we got our love sack filled. The girls love it! It is the new favorite toy that they jump on, wrestle on, and get thrown on. We were very excited today.
We made Valentine cookies yesterday. Daddy got the big one, and we made little ones for everyone else. I made it the whole time without snitching the icing or the cookie dough...it was no fun, but should be done once to let yourself know you have the willpower.

I was tickling Rachel's back the other day, and she said, "Stop Mom! You're giving me chicken hips!" I said, "Rachel, what are chicken hips?" She showed me her arm, and said, "Look, chicken hips!" I laughed and said, "Rachel, those are called goose bumps!" I still have no idea where she got the word chicken hips.


6 comments:

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

Chicken hips! That is so funny! Cookies look delicious, so fun!

Cynthia said...

Shayla - that's hilarious. I love the things kids say....especially our kids.

Heidi Henderson said...

Way to go on the cookies.. makes me laugh to think of when David was a cookie maker at USU! And that is too funny about the Chicken hips! Kids are so great!

The Butler Gang said...

That's pretty cute about chicken hips! For someone Rachel reminds me of you - cute and funny. And way to go on always making FHE fun! Looks like you are all doing well. Let us know when the baby is born! Boys are so different - have fun!!! Nice looking blog too - Compliments are sooo needed!!!

Duane and April said...

Hi Shayla!
I love keeping up with you and your cute family even tho you don't live in the ward anymore. I MISS YOU!

Dave and Mel said...

Shayla I can't believe you don't know what chicken hips are. That is just embarrassing.