Sunday, August 9, 2009

TriZathalon

Last year, my family decided to have our own Triathalon. We trained for it this last year and ran/bike/swimmed it on August 1st. Mel's picture is in the background because she would have run it but her baby came first....and she was in the hospital. So, this is how it went....We started with the run. Carla came in first, then Joseph, and I came in third. I made just less than a ten minute mile...which is really good for me.Next was the bike. I was ahead the whole time...so I finished first, but the times say that Cynthia beat me by a minute and a half. She is amazing on the bike.
Okay, this is my swimsuit shot....that I am posting publicly...brave me. I was less than 12 minutes on my 500 yards. This was the hardest event for me, but we went in two heats, so I had Dad, Joseph, and David cheering me on...and that felt awsome. I was proud of my Dad, he came in first in this event. He did 500 yards in 8 min. 3 seconds...fantastic.


My whole family finished each event...so be impressed with the awsomeness of my family! All in all, Joseph won the first annual TriZathalon. But he won me by 10 BLASTED SECONDS! OH! I'll get you next year, my dear brother...I'LL GET YOU!

2 comments:

Joe said...

I feel like I robbed you! You deserved first! Next year we'll fix the scoring system... You'll always be the tortoise in my mind!!!

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Wow! Looks like alot of fun!! You guys all did good.