Friday, October 9, 2009

If you've ever wondered...





If you've ever wondered what a one year's supply of food looks like, look no longer. My wonderful David has spent so much time figuring what we would need and how to track and replenish it. It has taken a long time to get here, but it feels great to be able to obey what the prophets have ask us to do. We finally have the space to hold it all.

During our eight years of being married, we have always done what we could to have a food storage. We have had to use our storage several times in order to get through life. But our storage has never been a complete one year.
Now, because of the ability to save some money last year, and the planning we have gone through to catch sales, and bottle as much as possible, we have the food storage we have always wanted. David has even got the water containers for a two week supply of emergency water and backpacks with emergency supplies if we ever had to leave quickly.

It may sound extreme, but I don't believe it is. We have peace of mind that whatever comes, we will have done all in our power to be ready. And that is worth a lot.

4 comments:

The Holmgrens said...

That is amazing!! We too have tried to always have some kind of storage and have already muchly needed it more than once! One day we will hopefully be able to have something that looks like yours! So inspiring!

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

You guys are awesome! That is something we need to work on. I like how organized you are too!

Melinda said...

Great work and example. I guess it can be done. I only have 51 more weeks to stock for. :)

Sarah said...

Wow, wow, wow! I'm so majorly, totally, and in all ways IMPRESSED! I've just recently (as in, two days ago) gotten the food storage bug, and so you are my new "Hero of Storage Goodness." Can I be like you when I grow up?

Oh, and those pictures of your kids are adorable!