Thursday, January 21, 2010

Last few weeks...

I have fallen behind, here are a few pictures of what the last few weeks has entailed:

Christmas was really great. We had such a fun time opening the gifts, and the girls were so excited.


After Christmas, we went to my parents home. We had a great time.

We had our Z family party...which is now at the church. With 13 grandchildren, under 7, it gets a little crazy...but all had fun. Carla is here with Sarah and Gabe who had just run themselves out of energy.

A game of speed. I just had to record, David's ball and my ball got caught together. How romantic, eh? We are so equally yoked. I would just like to point out that my ball did go in first, so he didn't get me out...that time.

My parents got a Santa Clause suit, so my brother Joseph gets to dress up in it. None of the children, even his own, recognize him. I had to laugh that his wife said this is the first time "Santa" has given her the willies.

Rachel had her 7th birthday. She is so beautiful and such a wonderful daughter to have. She drew a picture for me, and told me to put it on her birthday cake. She wanted mom and dad, holding her when she was a baby, and then her crib right next to us. She guided me through the whole cake, it was fun!



I don't know if this is worth blogging. But I got the pineapple out from our Bountiful Basket, and ask David to cut it. He ask if he should cut it the hard way or the easy way. This is the hard way. He learned it in the Philippines, and I thought it was great!

We had my sisters family stop by on their way to Arizona. The girls miss their cousins, so it was nice to see their family.

Brooke and Rachel


Mathew


Can I get a bad picture of Sarah?


Uncle Dave, Rachel, and Brooke

Brooke and Katie

Melanie and Maylee

Katie is getting really good at taking pictures. This is one she took with Sarah, me, and Nathan.

A neighbor brought some clothes over for me. This sweater did not look good on me, but Katie wanted me to keep it. When I explained that it just was not something I would wear, she ask if she could have it. I think it looks tons better on her than it did on me.

Nathan started walking on January 5th, so he was 9 months old. He is everywhere now, and we love the little guy!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha! That pineapple is awesome! As soon as I saw that picture I thought, "No way, that's how Daniel cuts his pineapple." Did Dave serve his mission in the Phillipines? Daniel served in Bacolod - just FYI.

It looks like you guys have had a great month. Christmas, birthdays (an awesome cake, I might add) and lots of family and fun.

CZ said...

I need to take some modeling tips from Sarah...she can't take a bad picture....and I don't seem to be able to take a good one!

I miss you guys tons....and seeing all your adorable pictures makes me miss you even more, if that is even possible!

CZ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave and Mel said...

That was totally wicked!!! Thanks for the pit stop. You make some outrageous chili

Melinda said...

I can't believe your 9 month old is walking- that ought to be illegal! Thanks for the photos. It was fun to catch up. Your kids are sure growing fast.

Marylynn said...

I'm blog hopping and look who's blog I came across. Small world!