Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Read this...


Bountiful Baskets. You guys ever heard of it? It is fabulous.

Bountiful Baskets is a organization run by volunteers who group together to get produce cheap. It is all over Utah, Idaho, Arizona, and Washington. I read about it a few months ago, and have some family who now orders it.

It has been an answer to my prayers to have fresh fruit and vegetables in the house. We never know what we are getting, and it has forced me to try new things. We have had avocados, kiwi, broccoli, mangoes, pears, oranges, pineapple, Brussel sprouts (David liked those, I did not), lettuce, cantaloupe, watermelon, potatoes...


I am only going to the store for dairy and baby food. That cuts down on over half of our total grocery bill.

The website is http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/. You have to pick it up at a certain place and time, it comes every other Saturday (usually), and it is worth the $15.00. The picture above was one order. The website is sometimes confusing, so if you need help, leave a note on the blog. Take a basket and try it.

2 comments:

The Holmgrens said...

So I just ordered a basket to pick up on Saturday. They have a pick up in Garland! Perfect! I'm excited to see what is in there and how good the quality is. And if I like it... I'm telling EVERYONE! Thanks for letting us all know about this!

TrinEthan said...

my mom called me this afternoon and told me about it... she told me to call you to find out more info!
i looked at the website i think i might look into it!