Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Baptisms and Blessings

The first of this month was very exciting for our family. We baptized our first child, and blessed our fifth child. Lots of family came up for the weekend. I felt so blessed with family and friends. And so grateful for Rachel making the decision to be baptized, and to have a beautiful, healthy baby to bless. Rachel and Rebekah in their white dresses.
David's family and my family who came for the events. We had such a fun time together, and it really made Rachel feel very special to have so many come.

Katie took this picture of me and Rebekah, and I rarely have great pictures taken of me, but this was a better one. I made Rebekah's dress, with some guidance from my all-wise mother. Rebekah looked beautiful!

This is our new family! It's hard to believe we have five children, but we are so grateful to have each one of them. I love being a mom, and although it is challenging in many ways, I can't imagine my life without these precious children, and wonderful husband. I have had my days where things are definitely not as picture perfect as this picture is, but even with those days, I know I have been given much.


David and Rachel on the Baptism Day

3 comments:

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

Congratulations to your family on this wonderful events! That is a great photo of you and your baby! I love the dress, you are so talented!

Unknown said...

Very cute family picture! It turned out very nice. I think all pictures of you are great :)

Sarah said...

Wow, congratulations! What a beautiful family. Such exciting events in the lives of your kiddos - and I pretty much think you are crazy amazing for surviving motherhood of five. Even if it isn't always picture-perfect, you're still incredible!