Friday, July 15, 2011

There's only one Lagoon!

No one celebrates their birthday like my sister Carla. She NEVER works on her birthday. Her boss knows to not even ask, and that she might take a few days before and after for the celebration of her birth. This year, instead of us giving her gifts, she ask us all to purchase a Lagoon ticket and join her for a day of fun.

Growing up, my Dad worked (and still works) as a middle school councilor, and for a few years, he received discount tickets to Lagoon. We would spend the day riding rides and talking in the lines and having a great time.

We haven't done that for about 15 years. We have been to Lagoon with the children, but it isn't the same...and I am routinely pregnant, so I miss quite a few summers of great rides.

David took the kids last week, and I met most (we missed you Cynthia!) of my family at Lagoon. I think I ran to each ride, I was so excited to be there. "Wicked" really is wicked. The "Fire Dragon" is still great. My mom had us go on the swings and the boat because they are her favorites, and we got on all the other rides I love. It was a perfect day at Lagoon. It was overcast, the lines weren't long, and I was there with my brothers, sisters, and parents. There is only one Lagoon!

No comments: