Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School


Monday was Rachel's first day of school! I took her to school her first day, and handed her over to her teacher...being very clear that Rachel did not know how to get on the bus...she just looked me in the eyes and said, "Don't worry, we'll take very good care of her."

So, I hugged Rachel and said goodbye, and started tearing up that my little girl was going to school. Rachel just smiled and said, "Bye Mom!". She was ready.

I got home, and the rest of the afternoon, Katie and I sat outside and waited for the bus to drop her back off. Katie was so excited that Rachel got to ride a bus, and Rachel loved it. Today was the second day of school, and she rode the bus to and from school. I keep telling myself I'll get used to her being independent, not having her by me every second...but I miss her...and she is only away for a few hours each day! I know its part of life...I'll be okay...I'm just trying to get used to trusting other people with our most precious possessions.

Rachel loves it, that makes it easier, and she's making Katie crazy for school. Think it will continue for the next 15 years?

1 comment:

The Holmgrens said...

Hey Shayla! Mindi found your blog. I just wanted to say hey. I made my blog private, so send me and e-mail and I'll invite you. jnholmgren@hotmail.com