Monday, September 22, 2008

Heber Valley Camp Reunion












We had a great family reunion up at the Heber Valley Camp. It was freezing cold, but that was the only thing I have to complain about, that I almost froze my toes off...but I'm not complaining that it was so cold we could even talk for shivering...but all in all it was great...if you forget that there was frost on the ground each morning, but aside from that, it was cool.

We missed Stephanie a lot...serving a mission while we're all frozen in our beds. Mom gave her a run by run of all our events. We had great food...Mom is always great about the food. And I have to admit that when Garrett finally got there, things warmed up a bit. We played games in one of the cabins until late, while the kids slept, and I learned that Joseph has a colorful array of music on his cell phone that Mel couldn't stop singing..."Guy, guy, guy, guy...".

David didn't get up for the first day of camping, because of work, and I don't think I'll be going camping with the girls unless he is with me. I'll be blunt, I was a crank without him. The girls need him, and I need him. He is the best father and husband in the world...and I'm not just saying that...its true.

We got to go on a zip line (everyone who wasn't pregnant...talk about life being unfair), then the other challenge course activities were a lot of fun. Campfire activities ended up in one of the cabins because it was sooooooo cold...so there was singing and games and devotionals with the family. Afterward we went to the most wonderful indoor pool I have ever been to. The girls loved it, and we loved it. I love being with my family...they're so great...I look forward to this time each year, and even more next year because the reunion will be in August!

1 comment:

Michael and Bonnie said...

Come to St. George. That's all I have to say about that.

-Michael