Monday, September 22, 2008

Katie's Birthday Party!





Katie had a great birthday party. The only thing she ask for was a princess birthday cake, and I can't complain with how the cake turned out. I had a picture, and a Barby doll, and a skirt looking cake pan. I decorated it myself, so I was excited Katie could actually tell it was Sleeping Beauty.

The cousins made crowns, and played a couple of games, but it was just relaxed and Katie was happy...and that's what counts. She wanted to be Snow White, and I tried to get Rachel to get in a princess dress, but she wanted to be Little Red Ridding Hood. Sarah, was Sarah, and looked cute. Brooke forgot a dress, so we decked her out in the Sleeping Beauty dress, and Wyatt was a prince, from a nearby kingdom.

She is excited to be four years old, but she told me that now she wants to be five years old...it might be a long year for us!

5 comments:

Erin Davis said...

Your girls are so cute. We sure miss your fun family. I hope all is well with you guys!

Michael and Bonnie said...

Happy birthday Katie, next time Nora, Emma and Lily want to come!

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

I am always so amazed at all of your many talents! What a wonderful cake! It looks like she had a great birthday party! How are you doing? I'm sorry I didn't get to stop in and see you guys one more time before you left. I hope things are going well for you!

Cynthia said...

The cake looks fantastic and the little girls are so cute. You should put a picture of the dress you made for Katie on here. I'd love to see it. Great job Shayla!

SpinIt! said...

Hey Shayla, Looks like y'all are having loads of fun. We sat in your old spot in Sacrament sunday (I didn't realize it), Sam said: "But mom, This is where Katie sits!" He still misses her. Great job on the cake by the way. Maybe someday I'll get to do a princess cake too. Ollie