Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Boy or Girl?

We are going to get an ultrasound tomorrow afternoon, and we will find out if our baby is a boy or a girl. We are really excited, and I thought I would let others know of our premonitions.

Rachel is sure the baby is a boy. She wants a brother. She wants to name him Christopher Robin, Peter Pan, or Derek (from the Little Mermaid).

Katie is going along with Rachel that we will have baby boy. I don't think Katie really cares what we have though. She is just really excited that we are having a baby, and that my tummy gets bigger...she keeps saying her tummy is growing too, and that she'll get a baby too. Ahhhhh.

Sarah said its a girl. But I have a feeling she'll ignore the baby, whatever the gender...she knows she rules the house right now...and nothing will change that.

David is so happy we're having a baby that he doesn't care what we have...right answer. Honestly, David would be happy with 20 little girls running around here.

And me, well the odds say its a girl. This pregnancy has been different, so it could be boy. But I've also decided that every pregnancy is going to be different...I keep getting older, and I'm always surprised how sick and uncomfortable I can get...but I don't care. Boy or Girl, we are way excited.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Shayla, I'm so excited for you - boy or girl. You seem to be such an amazing mommy, no matter what gender this baby is, he or she is one lucky kid! My bet in on a Boy, just because I have two sisters-in-law that had three boys and then one girl, that it must work the other way around as well ;)

Michael and Bonnie said...

I was just thinking and wondering when we were going to get a phone call telling us the news. we are excited to find out!!!

p.s. we were just discussing David's stomach and it's lack of tolerance for roller coasters. We are pretty sure he got it from his mom. Michael says his dad would go on every ride with us!

Hunter Family said...

How exciting - can't wait to hear the news!

Dave and Mel said...

Shayla....you totally got it wrong....Eric is on the little mermaid...that is embarrassing. I think it will be a boy, because you always want to be like me cause I am so cool. Really though....Mathew s going to need a accomplice from your family, it would just be nice....

Cynthia said...

I'm so excited to hear, but I agree with the top comment - boy or girl, they're lucky to have you as mommy.

Dana said...

Darn, I saw this post and hoped it was from awhile back, but it is just from yesterday. Our computer has been broken so I am catching up on everyone's lives. How exciting!!!You better post tonight because now I am going crazy wondering. You have the funnest little girls that I am sure you wouldn't mind another, but I think it's a boy. Looks like you are doing well. HOpe you are feeling okay. Keep us posted on baby.

Lifes Great Adventures said...

I am so excited for you guys! I think Heavenly Father has a way of making us forget hard things like morning sickness and etc. - so my guess is that he does that with the rest of getting baby here (I don't know yet- but that is what I have been told)- so we have more than one baby:) I bet it is a boy- but keep us posted!
Destiny

Helpingstine's said...

Hey Foley's, the Helpingstine family is so excited for all of you. Boy or girl you both are amazing parents and we are sure you will know just the right way to raise him/her.
By the way, we are not sure if you had heard or not, we are also expecting. And from the sound of it we are not too far behind you. We will find out on November 12th the gender of our baby.

The Holmgrens said...

I didn't know that you were pregnant. Congrats! You asked about our camera. Nikon D40.