Monday, July 20, 2009

The House

Some of my family wanted to see pictures of the house, and I have finally got some of the rooms done, so I will now flaunt our beautiful home...the outside needs work, so that will have to come later.


These first two pictures are of the kitchen. Thanks to Bonnie and Melanie, it turned out really cute. You two are brilliant...and have really great taste. Yellow came with the house...I'll repaint someday, but I don't have the energy for it now. And as Mel said, "It adds character." I guess!



Okay, I needed to show Mel and Mom the valances. They turned out really cute. If I were to do it again, I would have chosen a dark green instead of the off white for the second color. Reversible valances. They will make it into every room in the house probably...but for now, my room is the only one done. Thanks for the idea Mel! Thanks for the help Mom!


The piano room...the front room...it needs furniture on the walls opposite the piano, but for right now...at least its clean:)


The family room downstairs. I love it. It is big enough for the girls to wrestle their dad, and for the girls to dance. There is another couch that the camera didn't get, but you can kind of get the idea!
This room is my school time/library. I don't home school, but I wanted to have a room to study in. I also needed a room to do some preschool with Katie...it still needs decorating. I've got pictures of all my grandparents, parents, and extended family that have graduated from college, and I'll get them all up on the wall.

Here is our baby boy! I couldn't help posting some pictures of him...he is getting so darn cute. Look at those cheeks...look at those arms! Irresistible.

6 comments:

Chris said...

I like the yellow! It DOES add character!!

TrinEthan said...

i like the yellow too!

The Holmgrens said...

Yeah for the new house! That's so exciting! Where did you move to? And your boy is way cute. Oh my gosh, what else is there to say??

Sarah said...

What a great new home. It's so nice when you feel like it's actually *yours*. Oh, and I tell ya, the cheeks on that boy of yours are killer kissable!

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

Yeah! Love your house! It is decorated so well--looks great! And your baby boy is adorable!

Michael and Bonnie said...

Shayla it looks great!! I almost bought you a picture today....but Michael stopped me. I KNEW you would have loved it if you saw it. Anyway, you don't need it, your kitchen looks really good.