Friday, September 18, 2009

Joy School




Katie was really disappointed not to go to school this year. So, I found a group of mothers doing a Joy School twice a week. It was fun! The six kids are very cute and get along well. We took the first week to get to know each other, then I took the next week of teaching. I learned a few things:

1. Do not waste time cleaning BEFORE the kids arrive. They could care less.
2. Painting is probably not the best activity to start with.
3. Kids don't think veggies count as a snack.
4. My day of over-prepared went way better than my day of being under-prepared.
5. Show and tell could last an hour, if I never interrupted.
This was my favorite project we did this week. The Joy School Bus. I took pictures of all the kids, cut holes in an egg carton, painted them yellow, and stuck the pictures inside the holes of their bus. The kids loved them. I'm glad I now have a few weeks off...I'll need it to think of more to do.

1 comment:

Michael and Bonnie said...

Ha ha, I am the same way...clean clean clean. And for what? Kids to mess it up all over again. The bus is really cute.