Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Canning - Grand Total



Since we came to live with my parents, there has been non-stop canning. It has usually been my Mom and I doing the canning...I take that back, mainly my Mom...I try to can and be a mother at the same time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Melanie came to help for a few days. Dad and David helped on the weekends.

Sunday night David and I talked about what we would like to bottle in the future while playing Legos with our girls. David then put together the ultimate Summer Kitchen with his stack of Legos. Its brilliant...I love that man.

This is our grand total this year.
We came here on August 15 - and we are done canning November 5.

24 qts Pickles
50 qts Green Beans
75 qts Tomato Juice
50 qts Whole Tomatoes
75 qts Spaghetti Sauce
314 qts Applesauce (that is exactly the amount, not a typo)
50 qts Peaches
48 qts Apricot juice
42 qts Apple Pie Filling
35 pnts Salsa
25 pnts Jams
That is a total of 788 bottles.
We have our last batch of bottles processing right now. Then Mom and I are going to take a nap.

6 comments:

Helpingstine's said...

you suckers, that would have been alot easyer if you would have called me back to get a Camp Chef stove. Thats alot of canning. We still have some of those stoves I told you about if you are still interrested.
Andrew

Erin Davis said...

I'm tired just thinking about it! That is amazing. Good work!

Michael and Bonnie said...

I am glad someone is doing the canning for our family too :)

Sarah said...

Whoa! That's like 788% MORE canning than I did this year :) You're amazing (and probably exhausted)!

Cynthia said...

You are amazing. Thanks for all your hard work.

marlamuppets said...

oh.my.gosh.
that's a lotta canning!
did you can any cheesecake? cuz i think that would be a terrific addiction to food storage. :)
x0x0x0xx0, marla