Monday, January 26, 2009

New Looks

Well, I got really tired of my blog, and couldn't figure out where everyone was getting such cute backgrounds for their blogs, but thanks to my all-knowing-sister-in-law Jenn, she helped me tweak my blog. I like the change.


The girls have their own look lately. I made them some skirts for Christmas, and they wear them everyday. The shirts they choose to wear with the skirts may clash...but over here, they are the most beautiful girls in the world. If they're aren't forced to wear school clothes...or church clothes, they are wearing the skirts.


The last couple months of pregnancy can be pretty frustrating, and long...so this is how I keep busy. Along with the skirts, I made these red Christmas dresses. I had enough leftover fabric to make Sarah a skirt...that she hates and refuses to wear.



Then, our latest project was inspired by my sister Melanie. We had some leftover blue and green fabric from my cousin Cami's wedding. Melanie made her little girl Brooke a blue dress, and I thought it looked cute, so Mom and I made Rachel and Katie the same blue dress. Then we had enough of the green fabric to make Sarah a little dress. Well, we didn't stop there, and Joseph and Jenn's little girl Emmy got a green dress also. That way all the little girl cousins have this same dress. Tune in later for the photo shoot.

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love the new look and all your creative projects - You are one incredible woman - and you're doing it while carrying a 5# future all-star!!!

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

Those dresses are SO CUTE! Can't wait to see the pictures of them wearing the dresses you made!

Dave and Mel said...

I love the new look....it totally rocks.....eagles rest in sugary nests.

Sarah said...

Totally impressed with your skills! The dresses and skirts are adorable. My mom made some skirts for Olivia last spring, and she seriously wore them EVERY SINGLE DAY. So, I totally understand the love of a girl and her skirt :) I'm amazed at all you're doing as a mom of three darling girls and all while being pregnant!

The Holmgrens said...

I'm very impressed with your sewing abilities! I like the new blog look.

The Birds said...

Those blue dresses are super cute! You're quite the sewer (like "sewing", not to be confused with the nasty underground "sewer"! - Maybe that's not even how you spell it! I never was one for good spelling!) Looks like you've kept busy! Good luck with the last little bit - it's always the hardest for me!
~Chandi